10 Tips For Dressing To Impress That Special Someone
When you dress to impress a romantic interest, the smallest details can make an impression on that special someone. After all, your appearance is a reflection of your confidence and personal style. Just a little planning and effort can help you showcase your best features to set the stage for long-term mutual attraction. Below are ten tips for dressing to impress that special someone.
1) Start by Planning in Advance
Waiting until ten minutes before your date to pull your outfit together is a recipe for disaster – especially if you are dressing for a formal or semi-formal event. If your date is on Saturday night, begin planning your outfit several days in advance. This will give you time to tackle last minute pitfalls such as loose or missing buttons, lost accessories, or wrinkled clothing. You want to dress to impress, not scare them off.
2) Consider the Occasion Before Finalizing Your Outfit
Few things are more humiliating than arriving at an event to discover that you are underdressed. Here are some tips to help you avoid the embarrassment of arriving at a black-tie event in khakis and a golf shirt:
- If you are heading to a formal event, check the invitation to confirm any dress code requirements
- If you are trying a new restaurant, call in advance to find out what type of dress is recommended
- If your date has invited you to an event, don’t be shy about asking your date about the dress code
3) Put Your Best Foot Forward
It is highly unlikely that your special someone will only check you out from the waist up. Making sure that your shoes are clean and in good condition is an important part of dressing to impress. Be sure that your shoes are tied if they have laces, or buckled if they feature a buckle. If you are dressing for a gala or special event, it is a good idea to have your shoes professionally shined, especially if they are dull or scuffed.
4) Go Easy on the Cologne and Scented Products When you arrive to pick up your date, you want your special someone to notice you – not your overpowering cologne. This is especially important if you are in the early stages of a relationship and are unsure about whether your date has any breathing difficulties or aversions to certain smells.
5) Maintain Good Oral Hygiene “What would ruin a night faster than a little halitosis emanating from your date? That’s a question that sociologists, dating experts and the generally curious have been asking for a long time now, and it seems like the answer is almost always “nothing.” Bad breath is, hands down, one of the biggest turn-offs around – as confirmed by a recent survey.”
– Dr. Harold Katz, TheraBreath Founder and Developer
Bad breath is a major turnoff. Whether you are on your first date or your fiftieth, you should always remember to practice good oral hygiene. Here are some specific steps you can take to keep your breath clean and fresh for your significant other:
- Brush your teeth after every meal if possible
- Floss regularly as directed by your dentist
- Keep a stash of sugar-free breath mints in your pocket and in your car for use after dining
- Visit your dentist twice per year for cleaning and polishing
- Consider using a whitening toothpaste to keep your smile white and bright
6) Keep Yourself Well-Groomed
Your grooming plays a key role in your overall physical appearance. Never underestimate the power of regular haircuts, showering, shaving, and trimming. Keep your ears clean and use cotton swabs to remove any earwax. And if you have pets, use a lint roller to remove stray pet hairs and debris from your clothing.
7) Do not Ignore the Small Details
Never assume that your special someone will not notice a hole in your shirt, a broken zipper, or a small stain on your cuff. People are more observant than you think. Ignoring minor details could leave your date wondering or if you are the type of man who does not care about the little things in life, or if you are simply uninterested in making a good impression.
8) Keep Yourself in Good Physical Condition
While maintaining an attractive outer appearance can clearly help you dress to impress a significant other, it is just as important to maintain your inner health. You can accomplish this by following a healthy diet, getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night, and exercising for 30 minutes each day. You should also remember to visit your primary care physician at least once annually for a physical examination. These measures will help you maintain an attractive physique and healthy energy level.
9) Make Sure You are Ready for Romance
If you are like most men, you look forward to romantic moments with your special someone. GAINSWave can help you make sure you are ready for romance by optimizing your sexual performance and treating symptoms of erectile dysfunction. Unlike most ED treatments, GAINSWave offers the following benefits:
- GAINSWave is a drug-free treatment
- You do not have to interrupt a romantic moment to take a pill or receive the benefits of GAINSWave
- Treatment is safe, painless, and can be completed in a doctor’s office in a matter of minutes
- GAINSWave has successfully treated men who have not responded to ED drug therapy
10) Check the Mirror Periodically
To dress to impress is not a process that occurs in a vacuum. Mishaps such as a stained shirt or food between your teeth can occur at any time without your knowledge. You can help stay abreast of these problems by periodically checking yourself in the mirror. Try to be as subtle as possible with your appearance checks, as you do not want to appear to be self-absorbed.
The Bottom Line to Dress to Impress
As a man, your outer appearance speaks volumes about your personality. But your physical well-being is also important. Practicing healthful habits and caring for your physical appearance will help make you irresistible to your significant other. It will show that you care about making a positive impression on them. By following the tips above, you can bolster your confidence and impress that special someone.